Friday 26 February 2016

a crack

small updates
i was lurking on okcupid but then decided to put up the briefest of profiles and a mysterious photo.
Why?  Don't know.  Not ready to meet these men.
Got a bunch of likes and generic 'hey nice profile' messages.  A few directed at me but they mostly made me roll my eyes.  Starting off with 'I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative' does nothing for me...

Hey single guys, if your profile picture features you in a Halloween costume, you with a bunch of guys, you with a bunch of women, holding a beer or holding a fish you just caught, I move on.
(EDIT:  just read an article on what makes an effective dating profile.  Apparently photos of men with a woman in them make the man more desirable.  And basically everything I don't like (generic language, short messages, names that sound cutesy/sexy for women) are what the majority of people like.  This proves my theory that most people operate on a much shallower plane than I do.)

I work through March, solid.  weekends too.  Now I get money?  Universe, you are messing with my head.

No car yet.  It's overwhelming but I going to need it to get through March.

Nerdboy cracked a little.  My mail is still going to his house, he suggested he could meet me at a bus stop as I bussed home from work.  (There were ways he could get it to me without seeing me but this is what he picked).  So there was texting to time it up, and he handed it to me through the door of the bus.  Then he texted 'sorry if that was awkward. I thought you'd want to keep moving.'
Then he said 'part of me wanted to invite you back but it's way too soon.'

Instant tears, on the bus.
'Don't.....' was all I wrote.


No comments:

Post a Comment