Sunday 22 May 2016

roller coaster

Oh I haven't written in so long.... I was recording the play-by-play but it got exhausting.
In April he asked to see me, said he wanted to have the talk he should have had with me instead of breaking up.  And I went, and we held hands and kissed and I was so happy, then then next day he freaked and said I hadn't listened to his concerns.
And similar scenarios repeated, two or three more times.  He would reach out to me, I would go to him (and once there was sex) and then he'd last a week before he would cancel our date, or dodge making plans for our next one.

So at this point we're together, about ten days.  I had told him I couldn't do the 'maybe' thing anymore.  He said he needed time.  I thought it was over (and went through a little withdrawal, even though I thought I had made my decision).  We didn't talk for a few days.
Then he told me his company got sold and he's not sure he had a job.  I was sympathetic, he invited me over for dinner.  I didn't know what was going to happen.  I thought I was going as a friend.
We played boardgames and footsies under the table got a little risque.  I stopped him, crying-
You're being bad.
I want to be bad.
Am I your girlfriend?.

He said, 'What does all or nothing look like?' I said, I don't want to move back in.  I need to figure more stuff out, but I need you to be there.'  (i was proud of this answer, at the time).
He said, Okay.
And we've been texting, and I see him every few days.  This weekend I slept over for the first time.  Weird, because I used to live there and now I'm a guest.  And weird, because we know each other so well, and yet we don't know the rules.
But.
It didn't feel right.  I found him a little boring, talking about his craft project endlessly, making the same comments at the same spots in the same tv shows.  We went to a busy convention and he got overwhelmed by the crowd and was rude to a friend of mine that we bumped into.  I was longing for some emotional closeness and was left hanging.
And I found Plenty of Fish online dating still open on his computer.

And when I left, he didn't want to see me the next day, said he had things to get done, even though we'd talked about seeing a movie.  I burst out crying.  He hugged me and said we'd see each other soon.  When i got home he said he got tickets for the movie.

I'm really not sure any more.  The first time we got back together it was like a dream.  Now it's getting farcical.


2 comments:

  1. That really does sound like a roller coaster - it sounds exhausting. I'm not sure of any advice to offer at this point but I certainly wish you luck whichever way it goes. One thing I will say: I hope that these on-again-off-again months don't turn into years. I've known some people who have looked back and said "I was involved with a guy on and off for ten years... looking back it just wasn't going to work out..." But then again, maybe that's what they needed at that time. One of them is now in a happy new relationship. This comment is much longer than I had expected. Good luck again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the advice through it all! I decided what needed doing and hopefully the roller coaster is no more.

    ReplyDelete