Tuesday 20 November 2012

updates 2

Didn't get job.

Haven't heard back from out-of-town guy who's supposed to be in town today.  Guess that's off.

I was doing a group project with two other interns from that internship I did in September.  We are entered in a contest, but the girl who started the project (Helen) is fighting with her husband.  They haven't been married that long, and are talking of separation.  So understandably she's in a bad place.  She wants to keep going on the project but somehow I'm doing all the work.  The team came over to my house yesterday to work on it and they bickered until I thought Helen was going to have a meltdown.  I felt like a mother hen, breaking up fights and making sure they had enough to eat and being incredibly patient.  The deadline for the contest is next week.  I'm so stressed about this totally optional use of my time.

Helen talked a little bit about her troubles with the husband.  Her advice was to find a partner whose parents are still together because a broken family puts too much strain on your future relationships.  My parents are divorced, so I guess I'm screwed.  Then she complained that she was 26 and it would take three or four years for her to be in a stable relationship again and she wouldn't be having kids until she was 30!  
I didn't say anything.  Didn't.  Say.  Anything.

Err, sorry for too much information, but I take birth control pills for my PCOS and I'm bleeding two weeks early and I haven't missed any pills.  Do I need to see a doctor?  I think I need to see a doctor.

I woke up at 5am this morning.  Nothing is going right.




No comments:

Post a Comment