Thursday 14 November 2013

Pigs Are Flying!

Ha, universe.  You have a weird sense of humour.

I was offered the job in the sex toy shop.
I haven't accepted yet, as I have another interview coming up that's more my line, working with kids again.
Who knows?  But I think about the possibility of me, the former 30 year old virgin, selling dildos and I just don't know what's real anymore.

I have to make this blog post short before bed.
I really want to get a job settled, and soon.  I have so much anxiety about this.
And I keep dreaming about starting my own business.

I sleep at Nerdboy's house 6 nights out of 7.  I never see my roommates and all my food in the fridge at my place has gone off.  Nerdboy and I are talking about moving in together by February.  (Aaaaaaah!  That is somewhat freaking me out)

I got snapped at again, this time for asking if he wanted some French toast for breakfast.  "You check in with me too much.  It seems like you can't make decisions."  Ok, that was really out of line and it's time to just snap back at him rather than getting really hurt and staying silent.

Nerdboy had a vasectomy last week.  I got to be the good girlfriend and fetch things for him and I actually got to cook some of our meals.  We just spent the whole weekend on the couch watching 'Castle' while he recovered.  He isn't allowed to have sex (with me or by himself) until he goes to the follow up with the doctor. It's been driving him nuts. (Bad pun.)  We're both got some nervous energy and things are just a little off between us, not quarrels but just a little distant.  I didn't realize how much sex connects us.  Only a few more days of celibacy....

Mostly things are good.  He's a great boyfriend except for these occasional moments of snarkiness.  I get sentimental when we buy groceries together, or read in bed next to each other, or he texts me some bad joke.  I have a partner.  It's really weird and nice.   I just worry I'll want more from him, down the line.  He's not a great intellectual, or noble idealist, or a creative genius or any of the things I dreamt of.  We drive each other crazy.  I think that's part of love though.


No comments:

Post a Comment