Tuesday 2 September 2014

tidbits, mostly unhappy

1.  I actually cried out during sex "I wish someone had done this to me when I was 16."  And then I broke down in tears, and then started laughing/sobbing.
Well, that was weird and awkward.
For the record, I'm not sure I actually am comfortable with 16-year-olds having sex.

2.  Search for part-time job/trying to make a living as an artist still a huge struggle.  Do you know anyone who's doing well in this economy?  Most people I know are overqualified for their jobs.
And I was promised a really great art-teaching gig and put some unpaid hours into developing a proposal, and then they decided I wanted too much money and dropped me.

3.  Nerdboy might be an internet addict and it might, in the long term, be a dealbreaker.  When I come home from work, he's been on the computer for several hours, and yet he still can hardly turn his head away to look at me.  I told him I expect him to ask about my day and that it means a lot to me.  And when I ask about his day, he gives one word answers, or sometimes has been annoyed 'My job is boring, ok?  There's nothing to tell.'
I feel really unimportant if cat videos outrank me.
After dinner we have together time and he's affectionate and chatty, so maybe I just have to give him alone time, but all I'm asking for is a little check-in when we are reunited after a work day.
Wow, writing this out is making me teary-eyed.  This is a bigger deal to me than I realized.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry :( I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right that he just needs time to do his thing sometimes. Also I know that I can find it tricky to "change gears" if I'm on the internet or something and someone suddenly wants my attention. Maybe you can come up with an agreement in which you get home and initially he just says Hi, but then when he reaches a convenient pausing point in the following 10-20 minutes he comes and talks with you for a bit. Or maybe it just has to wait until dinner or after dinner. Either way, trying to engage someone whose attention is elsewhere is not easy.

    ReplyDelete