Monday 18 July 2016

small updates

My mom is back from England.  I cleaned and cleaned but it doesn't look much better than when she left (unless you open cupboards.)
The house is in bad shape.  There was a mouse infestation, although I think that mostly been cleaned up.
When Nerdboy and I were discussing why we broke up, the harshest thing that came out was "I work full time, I jog, and I do the chores.  Why can't you get it done?"

The fact that I spent 4 times as many hours as him commuting a week aside, there was some truth in it.  I don't have it together.  Maybe it comes from my parents, neither were good housekeepers and I grew up always ashamed of my house.  When I was a teenager I started to deep clean but I had to work around emotional resistance from other family members.

I feel like cleaning Mom's house is cleaning away all that past stuff that's weighing on my family.

~~~

I did talk to Nerdboy last week.  Just two days short of a month of silence.  I stalked his facebook page and saw that he was having a bad time so I messaged him.  He was worried about his mother's health, she had skin cancer, and was awaiting results on her treatment.  He was really thankful that I had reached out.  The next day he updated me that his mother's health was clear.

I had a hard time living alone while Mom was travelling, and I miss him badly.  But I don't think I could go back.

I have a feeling we're not quite done with each other, but hopefully with some time we can be friends

~~~

Walrus (my first boyfriend) followed me on Instagram and I found out he's in a relationship.  Is it bad that I was surprised?  When I was dating him his medical issues were too much to handle.
I did try to look up who she was, but couldn't find anything but one photo.  Looks cute.

~~~
Ok, remember I tried online dating?  I wrote to one guy, Silver Fox, but he had just got back together with his ex.  But we added each other on Twitter.  I stopped thinking about him, until he commented on one of my tweets about the upcoming arts festival we both work at.  I started to get excited I would meet him.  Not expecting anything to happen, but even a new friend, a new male friend, is pretty rare.
So I spotted him on Friday at the very end of the night as I was leaving and I walked past him.  Because I'm shy, I guess.  My whole body got the shivers.
Saturday night I got stationed in the same section as him.  I could see him across the road.  I was watching him, he was watching me (but we both had our jobs to do)  Finally he came over and introduced himself and shook my hand.  There was some awkward conversation but he was friendly.
Oh, and I was facepainted to look like a raccoon.  Because, I just can't be normal with a normal life.

Anyways, that was sort of a non-event, I think he's still with his girlfriend.  It doesn't hurt to be on his radar if it doesn't work out....haha.  I'm not really serious about this crush, but it felt good to be excited about new possibilities.  He studies philosophy, so I guess I'm looking for a deep thinker as a response to Nerdboy's pop culture addiction.

Funny to think I've probably walked by him dozens of times, we've both done this festival for ten years...

~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment