Tuesday 28 June 2016

Cocoon

Just a quick update, as I'm overwhelmed and need to gather my thoughts.

I closed OKCupid (temporarily), but think of opening it at least once a day

I haven't been in contact with Nerdboy for a whole two weeks.  Also hard to resist contacting him.

TMI, but I have no sexual desire right now.  But I would sell my grandmother for some affectionate cuddling....

My sister has moved out of Mom's and into her new townhouse, taking a whole bunch of chaos with her.  My mother left early this morning for a trip to Europe.

I am alone in Mom's house for the next three weeks.  I have to look after the old dog, and the plants and fish tank.  Should be easy enough, except the house is a mess.  I plan to do some deep cleaning this week, starting with the kitchen.

This past weekend, being my grandfather's funeral, my sister's move and Mom's packing for her trip, was Peak Stress, accentuated by The Ear Incident, in which my sister's young puppy bit a chunk off her old dog's ear while we were out of the house.  Came home to blood and fur everywhere. I felt we were an extremely dysfunctional family.  The old dog (15 years old) is not recovering well, seems to have lost some of the will to live, but maybe it's just the painkillers making her dopey.  My poor sister.

I am pretty much unemployed except for the third week in July, but applied for a job in recycling and weirdly enough, am being considered.  (I'm an artist who volunteers in environmental issues.  Art for pay, garbage for fun.  It's a bit backwards)  So, that would be a huge change and would really shake up my quiet hermitage here at Mom's.

I have such high hopes that I will use this down time to sort out some things and pick a new direction in life.  Maybe find a place to live, exercise, eat right, start making some art...

It's a lot of pressure.  There's a high chance I'll watch a lot of home decorating shows in between cleaning out five years of accumulated crap at Mom's.  (Some of which I left behind when I moved out three years ago, so I owe her at least some cleaning)

The little car I bought has a bunch of small problems, the most fun being the car alarm randomly going off for no reason.  I still don't drive it much, very shaky with shifting gears.

2016 just seems a year of general shakiness for the world, for so many close to me.  And for me personally.  Well, maybe a new world of recycling is opening to me, although I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment