Sunday 18 December 2011

Various Thots

Well we keep muddling on.
Walrus hates the group home he's living in and is trying to move to another one as soon as possible.  I try to be sympathetic but I think a little bit of the problem is how he communicates with the staff.  They're not good at their jobs, I agree, but he needs to tell them his needs, what he's planning, and ask questions when he needs help.
There's a chance there for him to step up and 'be the bigger person' and try and work with them patiently, but he's just frustrated with the stroke and can't do that right now.
Other than that, he just hangs out here at my mom's house and we cuddle on the couch and watch TV.  I don't know what's supposed to happen in a relationship; I kinda thought we were supposed to stay up all night talking about everything.  He's had a stroke. Right now simple things like getting himself dressed, eating right and getting lots of sleep take up most of his time.
I'm just going to be there supporting him.

We're not um...intimate at the moment.  It's been attempted three times and I found it extremely painful.  So I'm trying to do Kegel exercises for a few weeks. I just found this podcast and website  Sex Nerd Sandra so I'm going to go through the archives there.  I was looking for books on painful sex and found Healing Painful Sex and When Sex Hurts.  I also found out that Amazon sells dilators... I didn't even know what a dilator was until today.

Anyways, thank heavens for the internet.


1 comment:

  1. Ditto on thanking heavens for the internet. Good luck to you with the sex stuff. I wish I knew what having a relationship means as well. When I read your blog, part of me is concerned that you are turning into his nurse...then again I know many wives of various ages who are like nurses to their husbands...making sure they take their meds, go to the doctor, etc. Happy holidays to you and cheers for a new year.

    ReplyDelete