Monday 26 December 2011

You can't always get what you want...

It's a very strange feeling when you wake up with a naked man in your bed and you wonder how you got to this point....
(It's also strange when he walks around the house naked, happily exclaiming "Nudies!" when you try and shoo him back into the bedroom...)
Anyways, you wake up in the bed that you've slept in alone for years and look over and there's this big slumbering hairy man and he seems like an alien creature, completely foreign and unknowable.

You know those stereotypes about how men think, about them being from Mars?  I never really thought of men as that different from me, but now all the stereotypes seem true.

Also, now my sister talks to me conspiratorially about men and how they think.  This is new.  (She also said to me that our Mom realized I 'was growing up now', which was weird.  I'm 30!)
I said one day to my sister that I was 'part time girlfriend, part time nurse.'  She said, "yeah, no matter who you date, that's how it goes.  And if you move in with them, you can add part-time housekeeper to that."

My mom said the other day that all the troubles in her life were caused by boys and she wasn't going to get married again.

I've lost the point of this story... 
I can't even explain how guys are different from girls, but I just keep getting surprised by how he thinks.

New tangent.  My Christmas present from him had a GAP gift card tied to it, and I was so upset.  Artists don't shop at the GAP!  I've boycotted the place since I was fifteen, not for any particularly good reason.  But when I opened the present, it was very thoughtful and quite well suited to me.  the gift card was specifically for office clothes for my internship coming up, so I let that pass.  The other items were lovely, and he wrote me a poem that made me cry.
I spent Christmas with his family.  They're a fussy bunch, and it made me miss my scruffy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment