Tuesday 3 September 2013

Little tidbits I forgot

I met Nerdboy's parents.  He is not on great terms with them.  He told me I would be interrogated.
They were nice enough, and he was able to make conversation with them without any awkward moments so they didn't quite live up to the dark picture he'd painted.  They're pretty 'Leave It to Beaver' though so I can see why they wouldn't be supportive of their son's sexual orientation and lifestyle choices.
At one point they found out I work with children a lot and you could see their eyes light up.  I knew what they were thinking: "Grandchildren!"
They sent him an email after saying they thought I was lovely.

---------

Just found out Big Hands has a girlfriend.
Her name is Eleanor.

Just to recap, Nerdboy's brother married an Eleanor, and Big Hands is dating an Eleanor.
I have only met about 5 Eleanors in my entire life, so what are the chances?

I felt a little twinge when I found out Big Hands is dating, but it passed quickly.  I think I did have a tiny fantasy that if things didn't work out with Nerdboy I would tell Big Hands I had a crush on him, but him dating two Eleanors in a row is just weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment