Tuesday 10 September 2013

September, directionless

Well not a lot to report, but life continues to be very busy.

Walrus' father had a heart attack and was in the hospital for a few days.  I think he's home again now.  I've only been texting Walrus for updates.  Not sure if I'm expected to visit.

I made Nerdboy sign up to volunteer for the festival I interned at last fall.  I signed up to do quite a few shifts and I thought he could be involved as well, or I wouldn't see him while the festival was on.  He ended up taking on as many shifts as me, and he works full time.  And he wants to see everything at the festival!  I've created a monster!

He's really enjoying it though, but he's completely wiped out.  I wanted to take a night off....to cuddle (cough, cough) but he doesn't want to miss a thing at the fest.  Sigh.  After two weeks off, (the yeast infection and my time of the month) I'd like to get back to working on the whole having penetrative sex thing.

I have a gynecologist appointment scheduled, but not until December.  I'm hoping we figure things out on our own before then.  Progress has been great.  I am able to wear tampons now for the first time in my life.

So I'm at the festival every day, on my own or with him.  I've been letting interesting job postings go by without applying, and that has to stop.  It was great to have time to deal with the move and spend time with my new fellow after a very busy summer, but September has that 'back to reality' feeling and I want a more settled routine.  Nerdboy and I are both introverts and need time to ourselves, he wants to stay on track with his jogging routine, I need to make art.  I just don't think things are balanced but hopefully it will get settled soon.  Probably then I'll miss how much time we spent together.

I just sent in an application for a leadership training program.  It would be free for me if I am accepted, but it's a major time commitment, 1 to 2 days a week for seven months.
One of the questions on the application was 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years, if your dreams came true?'
I couldn't answer it.  I've thought about it, I have lots of things that interest me.  Life just feels too shook up right now to look beyond a few months from today.

I'm wondering if I'll have a major freakout before Nerdboy goes for his vasectomy.  It's coming up soon.

I don't feel settled into my new place.  I'm at Nerdboy's two or three nights a week, I mean sleeping there, and I'm there for dinner almost every night.  I feel more at home there. It's weird living with strangers.  The new female roommate had a death in the family and has mainly stayed in her room.

I did my laundry this morning, at my place, and nearly had a small breakdown because I didn't want to hang my underwear up for the whole neighbourhood (and my male roommate) to see.  In the suburbs I had a fenced backyard and no one could see the clothesline.  All the little things that used to be easy now have to be relearned or rethought.
(In the end I put the underwear outside, the bras and reusable feminine hygiene pads inside on a drying rack in my room.)

Anyways, things are new and exciting and tiring and what is going to happen next?







1 comment:

  1. That's great! I'm glad things are still ticking along :)) I never know how to answer those questions either......
    I think different hobbies are good, I'd love to jog (or run really) but I'm lazy at heart ;) So you've decided no kids for the future? I hate living with strangers, I usually end up hiding if there are strangers staying with us....I feel all of 12 for doing it but it's like an inbuilt urge for me. I hear about the underwear thing, I really do!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete