Friday 6 December 2013

Small updates

1.  Did not get the job I wanted.  A women who did the same school program as me, and worked with me this summer got it.  Sigh.

2.  Am going back to teaching (one day a week) at the same place I started at, ten years ago.  It looks like I'm going to have several teaching gigs and with that trickle of income, (and living cheaply with my guy), I'm going to try and see how much money I can make as an artist.  So much for the career change.  But my art skills are rarer than my admin skills.  Too paid artists are often underpaid.

3.  Another interview for a part time childcare position next week

4.  Roommates were not upset that I wanted to move out.  Bit tough to find someone during the holidays, but I said I'd stay until Jan 15 if necessary.  I was so anxious about being the bad roommate.

5. Saw a gynecologist, the appt was booked in September when I told the doctor I had pain during sex.  Since then, the problem has almost resolved itself, but the gyno talked to me about my sex life (Could I get aroused?  Did I have desire?  Was I satisfied?)  and then during the exam she touched a Q-tip to different spots of the vulva and found where it was sensitive.  Right around the 'vestibule' of the vagina contracts very easily, is probably almost always a little tight.  She said 'vaginismus' was an old-fashioned word and that it was called vulvodynia.  My options are a free support group that meets for 12 sessions and includes 5 sessions of physio, or private physio if my insurance will cover it.  Or estrogen treatments applied as a topical cream but I didn't think that was for me (being on birth control pills for a long time can cause dryness and lowered interest in sex.)  I haven't made my decision yet.

6.  My sister told me I worry too much.  Nerdboy told me I worry too much.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you worry too much? :) No I get the same thing all the time, your whole life is changing and it's all so new it's natural to be feeling a bit worried and all at sea. Try to just enjoying things as they come :)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete