Tuesday 10 December 2013

undercurrents

I'm practically living with Nerdboy and will officially be moving in at Christmas.
So why do I fantasize about breaking up with him?
I'm an environmentalist.  And before I met him, I was planning how I'd live my voluntary simple life and had a big crush on a geeky activist.
Nerdboy is in the room with me right now, he's working on a project.
He's learning how to recycle.  I can't expect much more of a transformation than that.

I really want a blog, a book, something, about environmentalists struggling to have relationships with their friends and family who don't share their values.  Because I think humanity's facing a crisis and everywhere I look people are just shopping, shopping, shopping. And I get upset but it's rude to tell people how to live their life so I just silently give them the finger, hidden in my jacket pocket...

Right.

shit.  shit.  shit.

2 comments:

  1. :( hope you get it figured out.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd tell you that it's just nerves over the big change you're making. But. You've had this concern with Nerdboy since the beginning. And it's not a small thing, like a difference in hobbies or taste in music. You'll always want someone who will share your values. And there are guys like Big Hands out there! You're grown so much since you were having this same issue with Walrus. You've dated! You've moved out! You've had sex! You've been offered a job in a sex toy shop! These things are awesome. Nerdboy doesn't have to be it for you if you're not certain that you want him to be. Sending thoughts of strength and clarity your way.

    ReplyDelete