Friday 19 August 2016

And then stuff happens...

Ok where to start.
1.  Honest Abe had a line in his profile that said, I don't care if you have a few extra pounds but if you don't have a full body shot in your profile I'm going to ask.  Well, I don't have a full body shot up, so I decided to get that issue out of the way and said I was about a size 12.
I got this message back that said he didn't know what that meant so he looked at lingerie models online but couldn't tell if he'd be attracted to me. He then went on to say he'd probably demand I grow my hair long.
I told him I was not interested.  You want a woman with long hair, I want someone who respects my grooming choices.

Do you think he had a full body shot posted on his profile, the hypocrite?

2.  Nerdboy.
So, much of this is my fault.  I had his picnic bag to return, and we had requested a movie at the library six months ago and it finally came my turn.  So, I suggested I come by Sunday evening to drop off the bag, and I'd watch the movie, and then he could watch the movie and then return it.  He said, let's watch it together.

Bad idea, but of course I agree.  So I go over to his place, and he makes dinner, and we just seem so happy to see each other, I joke he should move to Small City with me.  And then we put on the fairly romantic movie, and we're sitting next to each other on the couch.  Elbows touch.  Shoulders touch.  I lean on his shoulder.  We play with each other's hands.  That's all that happened.  We cuddled through the movie.  I did say stuff like "we've done this before" and 'What are we doing?'
After we played MarioKart.
I went home, and at the door, there was a long hug  "I missed you"  "I missed you too"
"You think about this"
"I screwed it up"  (that evening, or the whole relationship?)

I went home thinking we were on the cusp of trying again.
Monday morning woke up to a random text from him about the movie 'The Martian'
He was silent all day.  I cried.
Tuesday I had dinner with him again and we went for a walk.  and he talked about online dating, camping, other future plans, in a way that signaled to me that we were just friends in his mind.  He said he wasn't dating Eldorada, she had a boyfriend, but she lived near by and they hung out often.  Then we went to her house to pick up something so I HAD TO MEET HER!  It was a very weird day.  We didn't talk about Sunday.  But I went back to his house and we watched tv, not touching and then he sorta moved his shoulder towards me meaningfully and we cuddled again.
Wednesday he helped with my waste volunteer project.  (Which he didn't do when we were together!)
Friday we went for a walk, totally platonic.  He joked about me sleeping on his porch because we both need to be at the same place tomorrow.
Tomorrow I see him again for the arts festival we used to do together.

I think friends-with-cuddling-privileges is a bit weird but maybe it's how we're saying goodbye.
Today I feel like I love him dearly but don't need to be in a relationship any more.
I guess it would still feed my ego to still be wanted by him.

3.  Home
Car went to shop, car came back undriveable and the mechanic is on vacation.  I don't know what he did but it feels like the handbrake is always on.
Mom is having minor surgery and will need to rest for a month.
The battle against the mice continues.
This is all very stressful.
I got my hair cut and dyed.  I like it.


4.  Silver Fox
Oh some good news, maybe?  I noticed today that Silver Fox had his profile back up.  I had written to him, he had just got back together with his girlfriend, we bumped into each other later, we follow each other on Twitter.
I was planning to write to him.  His twitter showed he had gotten dumped maybe a day ago.
I thought I'd wait a day or two, considering what he'd just gone through.
Nope, he wrote to me.
I wrote back.
He wrote back and asked me to coffee.
I said yes but in a few days as I have a friend over from out of town.
He didn't write back.
I can see he's online, but maybe he just left a browser open.
I think it will still happen, but I would feel better if he said 'Great, how bout Wednesday?'
But, I will say that tomorrow if he doesn't follow up.


1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of long-lingering-goodbye breakups, so I don't feel like I have any good advice right now, but maybe it's what you need at the moment somehow. I wish you luck with it whatever happens. Good luck with Silver Fox if you meet too! On that front I will say: if I ask someone out and they say No to the initial offer, for any reason, I want to see plenty of initiative from them about setting up a replacement date, otherwise I assume that they are not very interested. I like your idea about suggesting a particular day back to him now.

    ReplyDelete