Sunday 9 December 2012

Little Nothings

I'm supposed to be working on a project but I did a gig with kids this morning and I'm having a rest.  Procrastination!
Since the last post, there has been one day of bad back pain that kept me from doing much, but since then I've been pretty careful and survived a busy 3-gig weekend.

Choir this week was pretty emotional as we remembered our friend who'd passed.  Singing with a group is an amazing way to heal and grieve and rejoice. I cried a bit and found myself reaching for Walrus' hand.  So we held hands for a good part of the evening.  I guess that's a little weird but it seemed okay.  Our choir director noticed and commented as we left. "So you guys are holding hands again?" Walrus said something like "It's all this hand is good for" (since I held his paralyzed hand.)  We haven't talked about it.  I did say 'Thanks for comforting me' and he said 'Of course' and that was it.

I don't think it means we'll get back together; it was a special circumstance.  We are talking to each other every day, we've even had some conversations about deeper stuff, which doesn't happen often with Walrus.
A few people have asked me what's going on with us.  One friend asked if I'd be able to move on while the friendship is this close. I'm wondering that myself.

Yesterday I went to a costume Christmas thing, dressed as an elf. This drunken reindeer kept hip-checking me and trying to chat with me.  When I was dancing he stood in front of me and tried to pull my pelvis into his backside.  I got all red and flustered and didn't know what to do.  I just shook my head at him.  I thought he had the weirdest taste- there were lots of women dressed as sexy Santas so why would he pick the wholesomely-ridiculous-looking elf/gnome?  He tried a few more times but finally got the hint.
Before this incident, I'd actually had one (1) whole vodka-cran and was having fun dancing and actually feeling like I understood why people thought this sort of thing was fun.  After an hour I wanted to go home and read Jane Austen by myself.

I'm thinking this meeting with Jasper (a guy from OKCupid) isn't going to happen.  He hasn't been in contact for a week.  I'm not that upset.


No comments:

Post a Comment