Thursday 13 December 2012

Littler Nothings

Jasper did send a message the morning we had set for the date, after a week of no correspondence.  He named a cafe and a time.  I was a bit annoyed.  I don't like it when there's conversation and an agreement to meet and then the guy thinks his work is done and stops writing.  I also have a cough developing, and I get really really terrible coughs that last for weeks.  In the morning I feel like death but during the day I can function.
It took me an hour to decide what to do, but I wrote back that I was sick and vaguely suggested moving it to next week.  He wrote back that he hoped I felt better and his schedule was busy next week but he'd be in touch.
I think I just don't want to meet this guy, but should I do it because I said I would, and because my excuses are lame, or should I follow my instinct?

And then, on top of that, even though I cancelled the meeting because I was sick, it somehow turned out that I went Christmas shopping with Walrus.  He told me he would be in my area and I said he could stop by where I volunteer to see the work we do.  I meant it to be a 15 minute visit.  He didn't come until closing, and I had to run to a shop to get some supplies for an art project, and he came along.

On the way we met his best friend.  I had written before how shocked I was that the best friend was planning to separate from his wife.  Walrus made the wife seem really shrewish.

Well, well, well.....the best friend was with a woman, whom he introduced as his 'GOOD friend' with a heavy emphasis on the 'good'.

She was visiting from (far-away country.)  Turns out she visited our city last year and randomly met Best Friend and they talked for hours and stayed in touch....to the point of phone calls every morning.
I was even more shocked!  I sorta feel for the wife.  I guess the marriage wasn't good to begin with, but to have your husband openly courting someone on the other side of the world!  No wonder he sleeps on the floor.

Boys!  Walrus saw nothing wrong; he just saw his friend was happy.  Maybe there's something to "all's fair in love and war" if everybody ends up happier in the end, but personally I wouldn't correspond with a married man.

Anyways.  I got an offer for another art commission, it will be not enough money for a tight tight deadline.  Trying decide if I should do it.  It would be fun, if it weren't so stressful this time of year and with my health worries....

What am I doing anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment