Sunday 2 December 2012

Heavy Heart

When I was younger I thought I knew everything.  Maybe when I'm older I'll be too set in my ways.
All I know is that right now I'm keenly interested in other people's stories and trying to glean everything I can from them.

Our friend from choir, after living with a brain tumour for ten years, has passed away.

I am sad of course, but I am also reflecting on mortality in general  Perhaps it is a selfish, or at least self-centered reaction to the death of an acquaintance, but it is a very human one.  As I think about my friend and how he lived with the knowledge of a shortened lifespan, I can't help but think about what I'm going to do with my life.

I have a lot to be grateful for.  I also want to create a full life for myself, and I feel like I'm a bit behind on that.  I have been feeling down but I just need to keep working on my goals.

There has been some interesting conversations this week.  I hope I'm learning what I need to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment