Monday 5 September 2016

That escalated quickly

Date 3 with Silver Fox.

We met for a movie in the afternoon.  I wasn't sure if we should touch during the screening.  I keep leaning way over and eventually I rested my head on his shoulder.  I didn't keep it there long.  I really couldn't tell if he liked it.

We went to a park after for a picnic dinner.  It was all very intellectual conversation until he noticed I was ripping jelly beans in half before I ate them.  I said, "..Uh I think it's because I'm nervous."

"You're nervous?  I want you to feel at ease with me"

"Aren't you nervous?"

"No, I'm relaxed now."

And a pause .  "Would it be okay if I put my arm around you?"
So I snuggled in.  We were on a bench with a great view of the whole city. Conversation died because I was so electrified that all coherent thoughts disappeared.  After a while he said he was getting cold, maybe we should go indoors?  It was only 8 o'clock.  I thought we were going to a coffee shop, but he said..."or you could come over."
"Uh, I'm thinking about it."
"You don't have to do anything you don't want to, if that's what you're worried about."

I agreed.  He lives in suburbs and it took an hour to get there.  And then I'm in his place, owned by his parents, and he makes me tea.  He opens the cupboard to get some cups, and there's all his medicine.  "Well you might be wondering why I have this (erection medication).  Some of my pills have sexual side effects.  I just wanted to be proactive and tell you about it in case it was weird for you."

Well, yeah that was but it seemed a reasonable explanation and we moved on.  It was the first time sex had been mentioned.

There was a discussion about me NOT sleeping over and what time I could still get home on transit. 11pm.  I wasn't sure if I should call my mother.  I didn't.  I set the alarm on my phone.

We sat on the couch.  I asked about him asking me out so soon after a breakup.  He said his ex had some mental health issues and constantly threatened to break up with him.  He said it wasn't her fault but he was glad to be out of it.

He said he was feeling nervous now that we were alone and dating was difficult for him.  I said I hadn't started dating until I was 30 and he said it was about the same for him.
"How many girlfriends have you had?"
"One."
"Two for me.  Not girlfriends, ha."

I couldn't believe we'd found each other.  Nerdboy had so much experience and maybe that was good for me but this was a relief.

He said he always asked for permission before he touched me (He did ask for every kiss) because he'd been bullied and hurt as a child, and was very careful about touch.

Nerdboy had rules about being touched too.

And then we were kissing, and I couldn't handle the tongue...Nerdboy never French-kissed and I just giggled.  I had to tell Silver Fox what was going on and he said, "Well I like tongue but we don't have to."  "No I like it, it's just been a while."  And then we were lying down and kissing and it was so nice and we'd stop and look into each other's eyes and smile.  He touched my face and my hair so gently.
Nerdboy never did that.  I felt like I'd been starved.
"Are you sure you don't want to sleep over?"
Oh, I was tempted but I just wasn't ready.

The buzzer went off and he walked me to the bus stop.  His goodbyes are a little less than sentimental, just a wave and goodbye but I think he just gets nervous.

so....that happened.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! Really happy for you - hope lots more awesome dates are coming up!

    ReplyDelete