Tuesday 20 March 2012

Did he really say that?

I still haven't seen Walrus since I paid his cell phone bill.
Yesterday going home on the bus after work we had a 'how was your day?' conversation (all through texting) and I said I couldn't wait to get home and get my pjs on.
He said, "Is it still shark week?  Is that over yet?"
Now, I only knew what that phrase meant because I happened to read it in a Dan Savage column a few weeks ago.  I thought to myself- this isn't going to go anywhere good.
"Almost.  Thanks for asking"
"Hm.  I find shark week to be tedious."
Long pause.
"Well poor you."

I.  was.  livid.

That is offensive in so many ways.
He finds it tedious when I menstruate.
First of all, I've had trouble with irregular cycles and I am mighty pleased when I menstruate normally.
He essentially told me I was tedious 25% of the time.
And that he thinks we fought because I was emotional, hysterical.
Not his fault at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment