Saturday 17 March 2012

Up and down and down some more

Went to a meeting with all Walrus' medical staff and they said he was doing great, really positive, working on goals, and could be independent in six months.  I was so happy.  I felt like I was really helping him.  I was so proud, of him, of me.  It felt good to see the whole team that works with him.
The next day he was withdrawn and grumpy and it came out that he couldn't pay his cell phone bill.  He had some money in the fall and I thought he put aside money for his phone then.  Apparently not.
So things were worse in the financial department than I suspected.
I don't blame him for indulging himself in some treats, but ....but but but.  He needs to be able to control his impulses.  I'm someone who seems to enjoying depriving myself of things and seeing what I can do without.
I'm not sure if he's always been careless with money or if it's the stroke at work.  He doesn't always think of the consequences of his actions in the moment, although he can if you stop him and make him think it through.
I paid the phone bill.  And I gave him a little lecture but pretty gently, I thought.
Today we've had a little fight.  I was annoyed he didn't tell me his plans to go out with his family, which messed up my day, and he got quite angry and said he didn't need a lecture and that I was talking down to him.
Trying to talk about the issue a few hours later just blew up even further.  We changed the subject but I will try to approach the issue again tomorrow.  He's obviously sensitive about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment