Friday 30 March 2012

Breeders

My brother and his wife are expecting again.  Their baby is only 7 months now.  The plan was to have them close together so she can go to school and start a career.  She's only 21 now.  I'd be more enthusiastic if my brother had a better job- he won't be able to stay where he now is forever.

And yes, I'm comparing myself to her- tiny pretty and fertile.

I'm reading a book about global warming right now and I realized I believe everything they say about it.  I believe we're past a tipping point, we've wrecked the Earth and in my lifetime things are going to get a lot worse.  I kinda think the end of the world is only a few generations away...I don't want to have bring children into a doomed world...there's enough humans already
And yet day to day that seems so unreal and far away and I see my sister and brother with their new families and I want that and I wonder if it will ever happen for me...My children will be lovely, of course, and will make the world a better place...


No comments:

Post a Comment