Monday 17 September 2012

Crankypants

Festival is over, (I survived!) but we're doing clean-up stuff this week.  Everyone is very tired and cranky.  I am frustrated by the lack of organization.  I believe many workplaces suffer from a similar problem though.  Nevertheless, I think I was openly rude today and I don't like it when I give in to those feelings.

The festival manager came by and spoke to me (not about being rude! new paragraph, new topic).  I was praised for sounding confident and in control when I had walkie-talkie duty during the festival.  Thanks, but were you expecting less from me?

Walrus and I had a late night conversation yesterday.  He asked me out of the blue what my deepest fear was.  (Rejection and failure and sharks!)  Today we talked (alright, texted) for a long time about him accepting his stroke.  So, don't know what the rules are for the friendship at this point.  There is some contact, most days.  Who knows.  It might hurt a little, but not being friends with him might feel worse.

I went to write back to E, just now, and found he's deleted his OKC account.  Well!  I feel a bit bad but I can't help you if you can't wait three days for an answer.  Ok, it wasn't going to be a good answer.  But still.

Canceled on the job interview this week when I read the email more carefully and realized they wanted me to jump through all these hoops.  All these hoops on my side, and I've only dealt with a computer on theirs.  I was supposed to email my answers to standard interview questions and then attend a group interview and play games!  What is this nonsense? I didn't really want the job.  Maybe I should have gone for it.  It's working with kids.  I don't want to do that anymore.

Trying to throw myself a little birthday gathering so I don't sulk about being alone.  PRO-ACTIVE!

Yeah, I really was cranky today but I seem to be okay now.  Tomorrow's going to suck though.

No comments:

Post a Comment