Thursday 13 September 2012

Nope

Just a quick update.
Do you remember the character Steve Urkel?
Probably a sign the date is not going well, if you're suddenly reminded of Steve Urkel.

E was short.  5 foot seven, my ass!  Guys, don't add inches to your height. I am 5'9".  If you round up, you're going to look ridiculous when we meet.

He had a funny little voice.  Oh I'm sure he was perfectly nice but I wasn't attracted to him and he was a bit dry and I did all the talking.  In fact, I started rambling.  It was The Eleanor Show, starring Eleanor!
I felt big and loud and messy and sweaty.

And since we were at the festival, we ran into my friends, and lots of festival people.  I didn't realize when I made the invite that by the end of the festival I would have been seeing the same people every day for a week and gotten to know them.  Doh!

Anyways, I'm not sure what happens now.  After the show we walked to his bike and we just stood there until I figured out he wasn't going to walk me to the bus stop and I said good night.  Maybe he was just as glad it was over as I was.

I'm dreaming of meeting someone that just makes my heart go 'YES'

I did some mental comparisons to Walrus.  I was so excited to meet Walrus, so disappointed when I did.  But somehow Walrus was more like what I think I want than this guy...and I don't know how to define what it is.  It isn't just that Walrus is tall, haha, it's something about...depth.
It's hard to explain.  I guess I have to find out what I don't want to find out what I do want.  Tonight made me see the good things in Walrus, which is weird.  Maybe I'm just looking to the devil I know, rather than the devil of 'OHMYGAWD DATING IS SO HARD'.

And I admit I started a texting conversation with Walrus on the way home, supposedly about choir, which I missed today.   He started a conversation with me yesterday....It doesn't make me sad anymore but I don't know what the point is.  It's sorta comfortable and he's so bored.

Go ahead and scold me for breaking my rules about contacting Walrus.  I am so unbelievably tired at the moment.  The rash?  Turns out I'm allergic to the antibiotics.  I've just worked 7 days in a row.  Just found out I have another job interview booked, on my birthday!

Something's bound to go right sooner or later, no?


1 comment:

  1. First of all, I'd say give yourself a pat on the back for trying out another online date. Dating is often hard and takes effort, so good for you for putting in that effort. I like trying to give myself a reward when I've done something which I had to push myself to do.

    Sorry to hear that E wasn't a great prospect in person. Yes, lying online about things like height, when the lie will clearly come out straight away upon meeting, is really not cool. From the blogs I've read it sounds like quite a few people online lie about something like this. It's doubly annoying because now the issue isn't just that they're less attractive than they claimed, but also (more importantly in my book) that they're a liar!

    In my opinion, online dating is a numbers game. As you've seen, spending several weeks messaging with someone is no guarantee that they'll be someone you click with in the real world. The more online dating I did, the more I moved towards meeting up more quickly. My theory was that if, for instance, there were 1 in 10 women who would actually turn out to be a match for me after sounding promising on paper, then I had much more chance of finding one by going on 10 first dates than on 1 first date.

    ReplyDelete