Saturday 13 October 2012

Quote of the Day

I found this weird little book in the library.  "The Chairs are Where the People Go" by Misha Glouberman and Sheila Heti. It was in the career section with all the 'What Colour is your Parachute' type books.  It doesn't belong there.  Basically the writer (Sheila) knew an interesting guy (Misha) who knew about a lot of weird stuff so she got him talking and she typed.   The book covers 72 topics, everything from theatre improv to spam to making friends.
Would make a good blog!  Maybe I'll branch out and offer Eleanorisms on every topic that interests me!

Anyways, here's the quote, and it is about love.

"I had certain ideas about what kind of person my girlfriend might be....I think the way I'd always thought this sort of thing worked was that you had some sort of imaginary person in your head and then you'd meet someone who was pretty close to that imaginary person, but it turns out that what worked for me was meeting a person who didn't correspond to anything in my head at all but was something new that came from the world."
-Misha Glouberman

No comments:

Post a Comment