Wednesday 27 March 2013

Small updates

One more day of horrible gig!  I'm really not impressing myself with what I've contributed to this gig or how I've handled the negative aspects of it, but at a certain point I just stopped caring.

Walrus texted me today that he and New Girlfriend have broken up.  I think it happened today.  Not sure why I needed the update- probably he just wanted to talk to someone and didn't have anyone else.  When Walrus and I broke up I sent messages out to several people just because I was hurting and wanted attention.  I certainly wasn't wishing they'd break up, although I did rather suspect it wouldn't last... I hope I'm not gloating about that.  A tiny part of me is.
Anyways, I just said, "I'm sorry, are you ok?" And he said, 'Yes, thanks.  How are you?  How's the gig?'
And that was the end of the conversation.

I have an interview tomorrow for a job working with youth and the environment.  The downside- I'd have to lead camping trips throughout the summer, a commitment of 6 weekends.  I'm already working Sundays throughout the spring!  I could have a M-F job during the summer, and spend weekends camping with kids, and really make some money, but dating, art and other projects would have to wait.
Also next week I have a skills test in Microsoft Office software, and if I pass that, I will be interviewed for another job- an entry level position, part time, in an arts organization I'd be pretty happy to work for.
Not sure how this is all going to play out!  I could end up with a bunch of part-time things.  Balancing the schedule is going to get pretty difficult...

I haven't done any social things this week because I'm pretty tired.  Cough is getting worse.
I am working on part two of community leadership class, which is to lead a neighbourhood event or project (like a park cleanup, a block party, a mural, etc.)

This week at work we took the students to the zoo for a sketching outing.  There were lots of young families there, couples with their precious firstborn babies. I looked at them with such longing....I was surprised.  It didn't seem to be the baby I was longing for, but the wholesomeness of the family unit, and the committed partner.  Guys who are good dads: SO HOT.  My brother and sister have their own families now, and I have almost no responsibilities.... And I could see myself being really into the role of mom/wife, and once again wondering why that didn't happen for me.

And just for weirdness' sake:  I read these silly horoscopes, and this was mine for this week:

The sport of ferret legging is an endurance contest. Participants vie to determine who can last longest as a live ferret runs loose inside their pants. The current record is five hours and 26 minutes, held by a retired British miner. But I predict that a Virgo will soon break that mark. Could it be you? APRIL FOOL! I misled you. I don't really think you should put a ferret in your pants, not even to win a contest. It is possible, however, that there will soon be a pleasurable commotion happening in the area below your waist. And I suspect that you will handle it pretty well. 





No comments:

Post a Comment