Friday 8 March 2013

What Eleanor Did

I had a long talk with my sister this morning and she said Newfie was probably just as confused as I was, since I don't send clear signals either.  And one date isn't worth giving up hope over, there was a month of chatting that went really well.
She said our family, being fairly smart people, are used to succeeding easily, at school at least, and usually work, and we get really frustrated and give up easily.  We all tend to suck at taking risks and letting ourselves be uncomfortable.
So I wrote to Newfie just now, and was positive and clearly asked to see him again, although at an unspecified date.  I asked if we could get together for a book chat when he finishes reading the book I bought him, as a nice finish to the 'game' of exchanging favourite books.  I figured books had been a successful topic so why not go back to it?
Place your bets.  What are the odds on a third date?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to go. Good job on taking the risk! I'm crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete