Wednesday 10 July 2013

Being a grown-up is haaaaaaaard

I went to see another place for rent today.  Not a collective house, but the ad said they recycled and composted and used natural cleaners, so I answered it.  The gender of the person placing the ad was unspecified, and they wanted two roommates. 
Turned out it was a guy, maybe in his thirties.  He'd been sharing the place with his sister but she was moving to another province for school.  He was going to school for library sciences.  The place was neat as a pin, if slightly 70s in decor.  There was some kind of medieval choral music playing in the background.  We talked for a while, awkwardly. He mumbles a bit.
I knew it was a guy from the name he signed his email with, and I admit I'd already gone through the 'what if he's cute and we fall in love while roommates?' scenario in my mind.  When he opened the doorI was disappointed by his scraggly long hair.  Not desperate or anything, no, not Eleanor.
Anyways, by the end of the conversation, I thought I could get along with him as a friend and roommate, but I was worried I'm not tidy enough for him.
He's showing the rooms to more people and he will get back to me.  So, not even sure I'll be asked, although we did get into plans for furniture etc.
This is a 'no pets' home, so my dog couldn't even come visit.  I have to decide if I'm willing to give up my dog completely.  Would really feel better if I was able to take him if something ever happened to Mom, or even if she wanted to travel for a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment