Monday 22 July 2013

More! Stuff! Happens!

1.  Paid damage deposit on the house share so I am officially moving.  I am freaking out about my messiness and general clutter that I accumulate.  (I save weird recycled stuff for kids' art projects for my classes.)  I really don't want to be the roommate causing tension. 

2.  Went to my favourite festival over the weekend.  Walrus was there, which was fine, and briefly saw Newfie, who seemed to look right at me and turned a corner.  Granted, I was wearing a hat and sunglasses and he's not the most observant person.  Don't even know why I'm recording such a non-event.  My creative project for the festival had some kinks to work out and I couldn't display it, so that was disappointing, but still a good weekend until...

3. Came home late Saturday night and my dog couldn't walk.  Mom didn't be able to accept the situation and just wanted to go to bed, but I insisted we go to the emergency vet clinic, and she came.  Long story short, there was another trip to the vet the next day and it cost $1100 and it seems it was just a really really bad case of bloat and tummy troubles.  But he's back to normal now and we're so relieved.  Just difficult for me to be on the eve of moving out and realizing how much I'll miss the ol' jerk, and how unreliable Mom is in an emergency.  Also, money worries.  Mom paid, but I want to split it with her.  Also for some reason both of us responded to the situation by cleaning the house (while dog was at the vet for observation).  It is time to purge stuff and get organized, although I'm sure we both have our own reasons.

4. I told Mr. Lip Piercing that his POF message was a bit much and he said 'Sorry I'm not very good at this'.  He still wants to meet.  I still said ok, but I am so busy so I don't know when it will happen. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you that you're moving out! A change of environment is good for you. That's the first step in bettering your life.

    ReplyDelete