Friday 19 July 2013

too much!

Last night I did one of my community project workshops, my partner came but wasn't much help.  This was the one I was going to do for Big Hand's group, but in the end he had to go to another event.  Sigh!  Anyways, I don't really see that crush going anywhere and at least I did a decent job on teaching the workshop and glad it's over. 
I guess the moving out thing is going ahead and I've told my mother so.  She seems supportive.
If I pay my damage deposit, I'm committed!  The third roommate is still being sought, but I trust the guy to pick someone responsible.  I would like to feel that we'd all be friends, but that might be asking a lot. 
And the guy from POF, the one with a lip piercing, asked to meet me.  He said, 'don't worry, my intentions are honourable.  I'm not trying to get in your pants...well that may be part of the long-term plan"  and he asked about food allegies and offered to cook for me.   He sent two messages in a row, both were rather long.
I blushed a little at the 'in your pants' part, although I guess he's just being honest about the point of all this back-and-forth.  So I said I'd meet him, next week.  (Tonight starts my favourite festival of the year, hooray!)
And this morning I find he's send another intense message about his political and religious beliefs. 
Great.  I'm finding this all a bit too much.  We haven't even met.  I have up one photo on my profile and I...used Photoshop to improve my jawline in that picture, just a tidge. 

Moving, working, festival, cleaning.  That's really enough to keep me busy.  Maybe I'll have a freakout and bail on Mr. Lip Piercing here just because I'm overwhelmed.  I haven't been thinking about sex for a while- last night I lay in bed panicking about having to do that all over again- tell someone my secret, work on getting my body to relax again, requiring their patience and communication...
But then again, I do not owe anybody good sex. 

hopefully I can just lose myself in the festival this weekend, music and sunshine and living in the moment and showing off my art!

1 comment:

  1. I do hope you enjoy your festival this weekend!

    And as for moving out--congratulations! That's a huge step, and I hope the new roommates work out well.

    The POF guy--I don't know, I think he could be pretty great. He's flirty, he's offering to cook for you, and he wants you to know who he is (he's sharing real info, not just mundane chatty stuff). I remember how you've wanted to be able to talk about real issues with someone. Don't worry about the sex stuff until you know whether or not it's even going to go in that direction. Good luck, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete