Friday 30 August 2013

all the stuff that can happen in three days

Well let's see.  Tuesday there was a meeting Nerdboy and I had to attend, and it turned out I was needed longer there than he was, so he went home without me.  I was supposed to sleep over and he said he was really tired, didn't really seem to want me to come to his place, so I sulked and went home to my place.  I was so hurt, he seemed so withdrawn, he didn't like the thing we'd signed up to do together....it was a frickin' big deal.
Meanwhile, he'd eaten and gone for a jog and felt better.  Sent me a text saying, 'I half expected to find you curled up on the couch when I got back from my run.'   Arrrrrrrrgh!  You really didn't give that impression when you left me alone at the meeting!
(I have keys to his apartment, in case I forgot to mention that.)

Anyways, the next day there was supposed to be a New!  Roommates!  Feast!  at my place but that got cancelled.  Nerdboy was being weird about coming anyways, he gets social anxiety but I haven't figured out what events are scary and what are ok.

So we went for a jog.  And, I did way better than either of us expected me to.  Thanks, summer camp job for helping me lose weight before I met him!   I can almost see myself doing jogging as a regular thing.  And he was supportive and really really pleased that I was trying jogging with him.  He kept saying, 'We're becoming one of those couples!'

And he was loving and cuddly and not withdrawn at all.  I slept over and this morning I told him I loved him.
---------

Nice part of the story over, here's the Too Much Information part.
I was in some pain down there after our little experiment with penetration on Sunday.
I found this website http://vaginismusadvice.webs.com/
and sent Nerdboy the link.  The writer suggests that tissues in the vagina just have to be torn and it will only be painful once.  I don't totally agree, but she strongly believes pain is part of the process of stretching the muscles to accept a large object and I was pondering how accurate that was.  I was willing to accept some pain in exchange for progress.
Except, my pain was getting worse, and I was pretty sure there was an open sore so I got out a mirror to have a look and freaked out because there was white stuff.  Then I wondered if it was a yeast infection, because I've never had one, and looked at google images of yeast infections, which isn't a nice way to start the day.
I bought over the counter stuff from the drugstore, and made a doctor's appt.
I saw the doctor this afternoon.  A female doctor!
Yes, it's a yeast infection so that should clear up quickly.  Already is.
And I told her about my problems with sex (and the bladder, in case that was relevant) and she said I should get physiotherapy!  Hooray, somebody finally took me seriously!
It's going to take a while to get a referral but I'm pretty excited.

And then I had one of my volunteering-do-gooding things tonight and wasn't going to see Nerdboy at all but then he ended up driving me to it, and afterwards asked if I'd come over for a bit.  It was already 9pm and he'd had three glasses of wine and was silly but of course I did.
Funny that my mother's opinion of him was 'He seems to have a lot of energy'
A little bit of wine got him talking non-stop about nerd stuff and I just patted his head.  'Can we spoon now?'
And we talked and kissed and giggled and it's just so darn nice.  At one point he said, 'I can't believe I ended up here' and I didn't take the bait, but later I said 'I love you' and he said, 'I've been thinking about that all day.  I was trying to make you say it again'

We talk a lot about how much we like each other and how happy we are and how we nearly missed meeting and how we can't believe we've come this far in a month, etc etc.   It's rather dull conversation but we seem to like saying it.

He seemed completely not put off by the yeast infection at all.  I was the one who didn't want to be touched.
At least he's really understanding about all the troubles with the girl parts.

Then he said I remind him of Kirsten Schaal
Sadly, this is fairly accurate, except I have a different nose.
This weekend we are going on a trip to attend a family thing for me.  Will we still like each other in two days?  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. With heartfelt empathy-being a girl can really suck so badly sometimes. Really, really bad. I still haven't decided if perfume and cute dresses can make it up, but they sure help! I think the girl in that pic is cute, if slightly startled.....:) Good luck with your trip! I'd kill to have a someone to do weekend getaways with, however, adding family to the mix can make things complicated...
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete