Monday 12 August 2013

One awkward talk down, one to go?

There was a lot of texting going on this week between me and the guy.  The guy, the guy...he needs a name.  Lip-ring?  Not-my-type?  Giggles?  Nerdboy?   All so very positive.  I was trying to think what animal he'd be, since I called the last one Walrus.  (I'd be a rabbit, if anyone was curious.)
So, thanks to the infinite time wasting black hole of the internet, I found an animal personality test and it said he was a Porcupine.  Vegetarian, but a little defensive.
I think he'll just be Nerdboy.
Ok, back to my story.

He asked me if I was okay with him taking a short lucrative contract with an evil earth-killing company, which of course I am not, but didn't feel comfortable swaying his choice after... four whole dates.
Later that day he said he was going to tell his parents about me and that they'd want to meet me.  I said something like, 'Wow, we're dating and I'm not freaking out'  which let him say more about how much he likes me.  He said he wasn't nervous around me anymore.  I said it was my turn to be nervous as there was an awkward talk coming up.  He said he had something he had to talk to me about as well.  This was...Thursday evening I believe.  We agreed to discuss in person on Monday.

I borrowed his sweater and told him I wanted to take it to camp with me, and he really liked that.

Friday there was more banter, but at one point Nerdboy texted 'Is it that you want me to fill you with my babies?' which grossed me out no end.  I just said, 'Ignoring that one' and he said 'See, that's why I like you.'
Sigh.  I have no idea if he was joking or genuinely trying to be sexy.   I was at camp and I've told him I don't answer my phone while I'm there (which isn't true, but bought me some time), so the conversation stopped there.  Late that night he sent a sweet (if needy) text about how he was thinking of me wearing his sweater and how happy he was that he met me.....

Having someone who likes me is a novelty I cannot resist.

So on Sunday I asked him to a movie.  I wanted to see him, but felt like going to his place was a bad idea. (Tip: Elysium is pretty dumb,  save your money.)   And he only ever wants to cook me food and cuddle, I think we should get out and do things.  A movie was my idea of a 'normal' date!
Anyways, afterwards he did invite me to his house but I declined.  I said I wanted to get the talk over with and I must have looked miserably determined.  We went for a short walk and there was small talk while I tried to spit it out.  Finally I told him, 'sex is painful for me, I can't relax.'    And he had heard of this problem..apparently the people he hangs out with are very frank about discussing sexual matters.  Anyways, I gave a quick outline of what had been tried.  He seemed unconcerned, just said, 'Well, we can do other things.'  I explained that there was a toy, and that the last boyfriend hadn't been comfortable with it.  He said he was fine with women using toys, and said he'd mostly dated women who identified as bi-sexual since there was common ground...  Yeah, I guess I'm okay with the bisexuality thing but constantly reminded this is someone who's had a very different experience with sex than I have.  How has he had so many partners and yet is so awkward?

He was really sweet about my confession.  I kinda thought he would be.  Actually he confessed he worried all weekend I was going to give him the brush-off.
But he didn't tell me whatever he had to tell me.  What is it?  A medical problem, a fetish?  I hope I can handle it

So.  I guess I'm pretty close to having a boyfriend, and I'm totally surprised by how this is turning out.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's going well! It might be a bit weird that he has a fairly large sexual history.......but it looks like it could really work to your advantage, he seems understanding and has even heard about this sort of thing before-and he's okay with toys! The babies comment could be construed as a bit creepy, but maybe he just suffers from an epic case of foot in mouth? I can sympathise with that.......I'll say something off the cuff and the think 'OMG why the hell did I say that??!!! WHYYYYYYYYY?!' LOL Borrowing his sweater? That is so cute I died a little..........:)
    I'm wondering how you're feeling re the attraction now? Are you attracted to him? I couldn't bring myself to kiss or cuddle with someone I wasn't attracted to, so I was hoping for your take on that?
    Vanessa
    PS I like giggles :)

    ReplyDelete