Thursday 8 August 2013

That escalated quickly...

Ok, it's not like I slept with him, but you have three dates and suddenly, it's a 'thing'.  The beginnings of a relationship and it's sooooo weird.
I saw him (nameless him....what shall I call him?) again last night.   The plan was supposed to be eating leftovers from the date two nights previous, and watching videos.  Very low-key, as I am exhausted by my never-ending schedule.
He had cooked a new dinner, the same dish again, said he'd taken the leftovers to work.  Weirdo!  I didn't want him to go to any trouble, and if he was going to cook, why not try a new dish?  Anyways, we ate and watched TV but it was so hot in his apartment I didn't want to cuddle.
 I had been thinking about cuddling for two whole days...My brain just kept visualizing if his couch would accommodate spooning or not.
So, I was disappointed and felt things weren't going well.  I didn't know what to say to him.  I suggested we go to a park, we took a board game.  It was actually quite fun.  We both won once.  We talked a bit about online dating- I wasn't really actively doing anything with it, just had the profile up for the occasional browse.  He said he'd almost given up when he found me, said it was the best dating experience he'd had in a while, mentioned kicking someone out of his apartment a few weeks back (what?)  ...
Anyways, he's made it more than clear that he likes me.  He said I was 'beautiful and awkward in a very honest way', which is a bit of a weird compliment but I decided I liked it.
During the board game he joked about me meeting his parents.  Oh, and mentioned that his brother had married an Eleanor as well, which is weeeeeeeeird.
It got dark and we went back to his apartment for cake.  It was ten o'clock and I was overcome by tiredness.  He's a night owl so he wanted to talk ("Whatcha thinking about?") and I just mumbled something about how I'd wanted to cuddle all day.  He stuttered something, and finally it came out, 'This is not a devious proposition, but what if we moved to my bed for more comfortable cuddling.'
I considered this suggestion.  "Spooning?"
'Yes'.
" Okay"
He has a tall loft bed, just a few feet from the couch in his tiny flat.  We both clambered up.  (Clamber is a funny word.)  And we spooned.  And it felt very nice.  Except I just wanted to lie there and he was really excited I was in his bed, I suppose, for he kept moving his hands around and touching my hair, my cheek, my side...not anything more provocative than that.  After a long while I took his hand and placed it over my breast (we were both fully dressed).  Perhaps it's a quirk of mine, but that's where I like the Big Spoon's hand to rest when spooning.  I thought we could just lie quietly but he took that as sign to go ahead and started kissing me, which quite frankly, I liked, but it was late and I needed to get home.  He said he wished he could keep me for the night.  More kissing, but eventually I got down off the big bed.  He walked me to transit.  I told him about Walrus, briefly, obscuring some details.  Some discussion of what we wanted in a relationship.
He's several steps ahead of me.  He used the word 'boyfriend.'  At one point I said I didn't understand why people got married and he just gave me a sheepish grin.

On the way home I discovered Walrus had been texting me that he was feeling down, and when I didn't answer he went on about how I "didn't care about his problems and rightfully so."  Goddamn bloody passive-aggressive feeling sorry for himself.   I can hardly tell him what I was doing at the moment he was texting me! (blush)
I tried to talk to him this morning.  He said he wanted interaction, companionship.  I told him to join a club or volunteer.  End of conversation.  Ugh!

Anyways.  I used the word 'weird' a lot in this post.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Exciting! Yeah sometimes the whole commitment thing can freak me out-the thought of saying someones my boyfriend.........*goes and hides in corner* But as long as he knows where you stand :) Also I can understand a boob related misunderstanding from his point of view, glad it worked out okay ;)
    Vanessa
    PS I, too, hate passive aggressive bullshit. My mum and sister both do it.

    ReplyDelete