Saturday 27 August 2011

Update

I have agreed to go to the beach with Walrus next Monday.  I'm not sure why exactly, except that I don't want to be someone who runs away because the guy 's had some bad luck in the medical department.  I don't think I met him properly last time, all I saw was the stroke. 
Hopefully this is not some weird need of mine to play at being Florence Nightengale or 'rescue' him in anyway.  I don't want to do that.  Really I'd just like to be friends and take him on an outing once a week, but his expectations (and possibly mine) started a little higher than that....
He added me on Facebook so I snooped.  He seems to have had the skin problem and the grody ear before the stroke.  It was nice to see his friends and family supporting him, and sad to read all the 'somebody come visit me on the long weekend' posts....Getting a better sense of what he's been through.  Only a month ago he couldn't button his own shirt. 
Personally I wouldn't have started online dating at that point in my life.  I never think I'm ready, think I have to lose ten pounds and move out first, and this guy just went for it.  He must know there aren't going to be a lot of takers, right?
This is really one of the weirdest situations I've ever been faced with.  I don't understand why I made it to 30 without just once, a nice normal guy asking me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment