Tuesday 16 April 2013

a jumbled day

Had two dates with friend today, both bailed.
Cleaned house instead.

Two people sent me job postings that I don't feel qualified for, but nice of them to think of me.
The youth camping job said they were still deciding.  I thought I didn't get it and sent out a bunch more job applications.  So that's still a possibility.

Had a telephone conversation with Friend in the North about budgets.  She said I was fairly realistic with my initial numbers.  Realized I need to track my income and expenses a lot better, as income is extremely variable from month to month.  Almost had a fight with Friend because she claimed she couldn't afford dental care and having seen what she spent money on, I thought she could.

Had a phone interview with Other Friend from Collective House (ummm we will call her Sam), and got to ask questions about how things work.  That went well.  Last night I woke up panicked that they were all vegan and I wouldn't be able to drink milk anymore.  Sam put my fears to rest- one person is vegan.  They have dairy and eggs in the house, and sometimes meat, just not for shared meals.

Sam has met my dog, and she was really concerned that I'd be leaving him.  The house has a cat, and my dog just can't handle cats.  But other than that, a good fit.
She mentioned that drinking alcohol was a rare occurrence in the house.  That would suit me.  And at the moment, there's sort of a no-spicy food agreement, which also suits me.
 I am to go to dinner this week to meet everyone.

I told my Mom.  She didn't say anything, only that she'd keep Charlie.



No comments:

Post a Comment