Saturday 20 April 2013

Collective House 2

I went to see another House today.  Bit weird, but less of a commitment to a whole new lifestyle.
The housemates are a man in his 50's and a man in his 30's.  His ex is moving in with their 3-month old daughter.  They are separated but are going to live together (in the house, separate rooms) to raise the baby.  So, that's a weird dynamic.

They gave me tea, and let me hold the baby.  Conversation was a bit awkward, until the subject of Dr. Who came up.

The man in his 50s has a funny way of speaking that makes you feel like you've said the wrong thing.  He just pauses for a long time after you've spoken.
The house is a bit messy (which I must say I'm used to).  They do share cooking duties and eat together, (vegan meals if possible) but it's just more casual than the other house.  You do your own dishes, and the cook washes whatever was used to cook the meal.  (I like the other system better- the cook gets a break!)

They showed me the house quickly, the rooms available were a little bit bigger and brighter than the one at the first house. The woman with the baby was an artist, and was setting up a workspace outside so the baby wouldn't breathe the fumes.  I liked her, although she's a bit brassy, and a very different personality than me.

They said they'd let me know by Tuesday.  I don't know how serious I'm taking it.
My dog isn't good around babies, although he learned to calm down around my nephew.
The location for this house is amazing.  I don't know what food is like in this house, but I liked the people better in the first.

It was a busy day.  Earth Day events.  I met Big Hands the economist for the first time, and we made awkward conversation.  Don't know if I have a crush on him but it seems like he's a good person to know in the city.  Recognized quite a few people, so a nice reminder than I'm getting out and doing things.

Carguy still wants to meet and I think I have to just say no.  Which is weird at this point as I've sorta agreed to a meeting.

Just found out about a really cool training program that starts in September but it would be two weekdays a week...hmmmm.

I'm very tired of interviews.  Jobs, housing, dates, I'm always being judged!




No comments:

Post a Comment