Tuesday 9 April 2013

Car Guy

I had briefly mentioned that someone was writing to me on OKC, and his first message was about cars.  We kept up the conversation but it never flowed too easily...I just didn't have a good reason to reject him so I kept answering.  I think I was trying to figure out why he was writing to me, what he thought we have in common...I still don't know.  He comes across as clever without being nice.  Not that he's said anything unkind, just that he doesn't try to please people....
He just sent his number.  "I feel like we'll either get along great or not at all, but that's the fun of meeting new people".
I sent something back that was sort of noncommittal- "You haven't revealed much of yourself so I don't know what to expect."  I said some more stuff, but I don't know if I said yes or no.
I don't especially want to meet him- but have no definite reason to say no, other than that he's 7 years older than me. I kinda feel like I have to, because we've talked so long.  No, I don't owe any guy anything.  If it doesn't make me happy, I don't have to do it.
Anyways.  Not sure what to do, or what I've set in motion.  Maybe he'll take the hint?

Also, I mentioned that there was an interesting guy at the conference, but that I didn't get to speak to him.  I did look up the project he's working on, and found some public events he'll be at in the next month to promote it.  The internet makes stalking so easy!  Is it wrong to set out to meet this person?  The 'crush' is just sort of pretend; that doesn't mean I should indulge it.

This week has been a little weird.


2 comments:

  1. The cool thing about stalking is that if they turn out to like you too then it doesn't count as stalking any more! And if they don't like you too then you haven't really lost anything. As long as you don't get arrested or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't especially want to meet him- but have no definite reason to say no..."

    Where I bolded is your definite reason to say "no." You are under no obligation to meet this guy. Why meet someone that you have no interest in? You'd be wasting your time. That energy would be better spent on someone who you'd truly want to get to know.

    ReplyDelete