Thursday 7 February 2013

a little twinge...

So I was just looking at the eligible bachelors on OKCupid (in pre-Valentine's desperation) and I think I just got excited about someone.
I've haven't been on much lately, been busy, and when I do browse a bit, I end up discouraged because I don't see anyone I like.
Today I clicked on one of the matches OKC had suggested for me- and recognized him.  I did the festival internship last summer and he was heavily involved in the festival.  I'm not even sure we ever talked but he might recognize me.  From what I saw of him, he seemed cool.
He's two years younger than me, and I'd set my default search for guys 30-38.  (I'm 31.) So he wasn't coming up in my searches....
His profile had all my favourite things - introvert, politics, used bookstores, art, and a little shout-out for the environment, and obviously the festival.
I know, I know, I should just write to him.  But it's weird because I know who he is, I'm not sure if he knows who I am.  I suppose worrying about awkwardness (if he wasn't interested) at next year's festival is silly.  People ask out people they know all the time.
He's also looking for 'friends/activity partner' so I could take that angle.

I'm not doing anything about it tonight.  The dog got really sick last night and I didn't get any sleep.  (He's better today, but still not eating much.)

Oh Eleanor.  You're such a wimp.

2 comments:

  1. update: sent him a message this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - well done you! I read this post earlier before your update comment, and I was just coming back now to write something to try to encourage you to take more chances like this, but you already have! Good luck, but either way I think it's a positive step.

    ReplyDelete