Friday 22 February 2013

Is it Sunday yet?

Bumpy week.

Two job interviews.  One went well but it's not a great job.  The other was ridiculous.  It was to teach summer camps for kids- something I'd swore I'd never do again.  It was a group interview- 70+ young hopefuls in a gym.  We had to wear numbers on our backs like marathon runners.  People with clipboards observed us playing group games.  I should have walked out.  Extroverts- sheesh!  I just don't shine in that kind of situation because loud people take over.  What a humiliating way to do an interview.

Saw Walrus at choir.  Avoided him.  Felt wobbly.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do.  I wanted to confront him but it didn't feel like the time or place.  As for him apologizing to me- ha!  I wasn't going to hold my breath.  I had brought his much belated Christmas present with me.  Wasn't sure of my motivation but wanted it out of my house.  A friend from choir (I believe I might have nicknamed her Instafriend previously) encouraged me to just give it to him so I did.  He liked it and asked if I was okay and I said, 'yeah sort of'.
He gave me an awkward hug that I didn't much participate in and made small talk about his cat.  I just stood there in a daze.  Then he moved to put away his chair and I left with Instafriend.  She thinks I need to say something about what a jerk he was.

I sent Newfie a link to my art portfolio and he replied very enthusiastically and made it clear he is excited to meet me.  This is a very weird feeling for me.  Bubbly bubbly hope.  It almost aches.  Two more days until we meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment