Friday 1 February 2013

Another collection of tidbits

1. I'm going to be on the radio!  Next week, I'm going to be interviewed about an art project I worked on.  I'm so terrified!

2.  Walrus is moved to his new place as of tomorrow.  You wouldn't believe the bureaucratic loops and nonsense he had to go through- he was on top of things and various government agencies screwed things up and then were rude to him.  But, he survived.  I haven't seen the new place yet.  I get updates from him throughout the day, but it's still a little weird to me that I'm not more involved in this big step for him.

3.  Happened to run into Walrus' friend- the one who was getting divorced and had a new girl on the other side of the world.  For some reason, he walked the way I was going and told me all about his love life.  His wife wouldn't let him 'touch' her for four years.  He showed me a package he was putting together to send to the new girl- complete with her name in bubble letters!  He said he talked to the new girl about 4 or five hours a day, either on the phone or texting.  Wow!
I mention this just because it was odd that he told me all this, and also I felt once more that Walrus and I weren't really in love.  Is that how it's supposed to be?

4.  Realizing that the two volunteer things I'm doing aren't really working for me.  One I might give more time, but really want to quit both.

5.  Someone wrote me a message on OKC that met my minimum standards for a message I would reply to (It actually mentioned several things in my profile and expressed a desire to meet me in a way that I could handle.)  Then I looked at the guy's profile and he mixed up "your" and "you're" several times and I didn't write back.
Am I being too picky?  I would look down on someone who didn't know basic grammar; I actually used the word 'illiterate' in my head.  Sigh....
Are all the good guys really taken?  If I want an tall environmentalist with a way with words, is that too much to ask?  Am I just looking for a male version of me?

6. I've got a cough that won't go away.  I'm not really sick, but not really well.  Tire easily and not getting a lot done.

7.  Have to get a PAP smear next week.  Ugh!  Why haven't I switched to a female doctor yet?  Better get a follow-up on this anemia as well.

8.  Been slacking a bit on keeping track of what I've been eating, although I have been eating fairly healthy (healthily?) even without the notebook.  I really should keep track of volunteering/artmaking/job search hours to see how much work I do in a week, and try and increase it.

9.  I'm really going crazy wishing, longing, yearning, hoping for my first love.  And a normal sex life.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think there really is a "how it's supposed to be" for love - I think it's different for different people and different relationships. I think it's up to you to choose whether you consider yourself to have been in love, with whatever definition you care to apply for that time, and in future a different love could have a whole different definition.

    That's cool news about the radio interview - good luck!

    ReplyDelete