Sunday 17 February 2013

So it goes

Mini updates
Even though I said I'd contact him when I was ready, last night Walrus sent me an apology email- a silly youtube video and one sentence explaining how the silly video was in fact related to his apologies.  A bit frustrating but at least he did understand that he had hurt me.

I sent back "I needed to be told because our friendship is going to change now"
Walrus: "I honestly don't perceive how it's changed."
Me:  "Because most people are uncomfortable with their partner being friends with his/her ex.  It's only natural that we drift apart now."
Walrus:  "I talked to her and she's okay with it."
Me:  "Then I'll stop over-reacting.  Do what feels right and I will take my cues from you.  Will she come to choir?"
Walrus:  "She lives in (another town) and only comes on weekends."

How mixed up I am.  Crying over that conversation and yet bubbly and hopeful at the latest message from OKC guy.  (Conversation going well, but no talk of a meeting yet.  Only that I asked him a question about a adventure he'd had, and he said it's a story that needs wild arm gestures so he's saving it for later.)  I think I will ask him to meet me in the next message.

must. not. put. all. eggs. in. this. basket.  I will be crushed if he doesn't like me, and it's taken on a new urgency with the whole Walrus dating thing.

Had a really fun day today- took a large puppet to a festival and all the kids wanted to touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment