Monday 11 February 2013

Two messages each now.  Subject matter is mostly the festival, since we both were very involved with it.  He wrote quite a long message about it.  He really does like this festival!  But he asks questions that keep the conversation going, too.
Now I feel bad for all those times I read someone's message and waited a few days to reply.  It really makes you anxious to wait for a response!  No more of that, I promise.
I really want this to go somewhere.

His profile has three pictures up- there's a girl in two of them.  Isn't it obvious that pictures from last relationship aren't helpful?  I wonder when they broke up.  I did not get the feeling he was single at the festival.  Don't want to be the 'rebound' if he's not over it.

Anyways.  Just keep it fun and don't worry about it.

In other news, this week is crazy busy for me.  5 day gig and extracurricular activities almost every evening and Saturday and then another gig Sunday.  At least I'll have money.

Still coughing, still anemic.

I've had two classes of community leadership training and the second class was a letdown.  Too basic, too simplified, not well facilitated.  It's not a good sign if the people teaching leadership aren't good leaders.  We had a group activity that was much too rushed and our group was getting tense.  I was not a good group member- another woman in the group has a strong personality and I didn't like her ideas but didn't have better ones so I was sulking and then later took over in the crunch to get things done, rather undiplomatically.
In fact, I can think of at least two other occasions recently when I was short with someone, or said something bluntly instead of lightly.  I don't want to be like this.  I need to learn to gently correct or guide people.  I can do it with kids.  I hope it's just my cold making me grumpy because I'm really not happy with my behavior this week.

In choir, someone announced their pregnancy and we sang a 'welcome to the world' song to her baby bulge. I had to stifle a gaspy sort of sob that just snuck up on me- either I'm jealous of her impending motherhood or I really believe humans have ruined the earth and that a child born now has a difficult future ahead of them.  




No comments:

Post a Comment