Sunday 24 February 2013

I think that went well

This morning I was so nervous I had an upset stomach.  The designated meeting spot was a long ways out.  My friend was on the same bus as me and I never noticed; I was in such a daze.  We only saw each other getting off the bus...

I was in the coffee shop early.  It was pouring rain.  He came in and greeted me and ordered his drink right away.  I felt so shy but he launched into 'Why haven't we met yet?' and conversation went fairly smoothly from there, for two introverts.  I used my shy voice a bit.
Went to two used book stores.  The game was that we were to buy each other a book. I found mine easily.  He took a while to decide, and couldn't find the ones he had in mind.  There was a lot of talk of 'I'll lend you this and that book' and 'you'll have to see my library sometime'.  You know, like it was guaranteed we would see other again.
Used book stores are great but you have to split up to really look at the books.  After a while we found ourselves chatting in front of the cookbooks and not really looking at books at all.
It had been three hours.  I still would have spent longer with him but he seemed to be indicating it was time to go home. He took the bus with me and asked if I was free next weekend to do something.  I said yes.
I am very excited.  It wasn't a perfect instant connection but it was a lot easier than the first dates with Walrus. I found that I wanted to stand very close to Newfie.  I thought the back of his head was adorable.
Not sure if there is a sex fiend (see previous post) lurking inside this mild-mannered young man.  We shall see....

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're excited! As soon as I read "he seemed to be indicating it was time to go home" I thought, I bet he feels like he should end it in case she's getting bored. I think it's a common introvert thing to do--like making sure it ends on a high note or something. Yay--he asked you to get together next weekend! And you said yes! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good - I'm happy that it went well! I think it's often a good idea not to have the first date be too long so I think that sounds normal. I'm excited for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to hear that your date went well - am very happy for you! And three hours is actually quite a lot - especially in terms of modern dating, when everyone seems to rush from one place to the next. Hopefully as you are getting to know him better, things are going to get easier and easier! Also you mention that you felt a lot better on this date than on the dates with Walrus - a) you have had previous dating experience so you already know the drill, and b) he seems to be a much nicer person from the way you described him!

    Good luck with the next weekend!!!

    Elf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear it went well! I also think that's common for introverts, to leave while the conversation is still flowing.

    One thing that I'd take away from this date is that there *are* other guys out there besides Walrus who you can have a good connection with. Just because you haven't found them before doesn't mean they're not out there: you just have to do a little more searching to find each other. :)

    ReplyDelete